Student safety, well-being, engagement, and sense of belonging form the pillars of student success at All Saints CES. Each year, our talented teaching team comes together to set goals for the year. One goal, for instance, is to provide our resilient learners with a sense of normalcy, in light of all that they have overcome. In addition, we aim to inspire each All Star with a variety of inclusive, Faith-filled, and authentic learning experiences that promote the Catholic Virtues, academic excellence, and a growth mindset.
The Lay of the Land
As you may be aware, since March of 2020, schools have been unable to fundraise. While this has not limited our resolve, we have not been able to invest in many of the educational enhancements that optimize student learning. Thus, it is with great sense of enthusiasm, we are able to launch our ‘Light It Up for Student Engagement’ Fundraiser.
What is Involved?
A one-time donation to All Saints CES. Every dollar raised will be used to provide enhancements to the learning environment. The opportunities are endless as we strive to replenish and upgrade technology; invite in inspiring guest speakers; and support further STEM/STREAM initiatives.
But, Let’s Have Some Fun Too!
While we are happy to be hosting a Halloween Dance on October 29th, the dancing does not have to stop there. From November 1st (our Feast Day) to November 12th, we will be Lighting It Up with music and daily raffles. For every $5 donated, students will be entered into a Daily Raffle. The buzz in the building will undoubtedly be palpable.
Please note: If you have more than one child at All Saints, you can complete multiple envelopes or complete one and we will distribute the tickets proportionally. For instance, a family donation of $30, with 3 siblings attending AST, would translate into 2 raffle tickets for each child.
The Top 4 Earning Families will get to select from the Grand prize packages listed below, accordingly. Grand Prize winners will be announced during the week of Monday, November 15th.
Toronto Marlies Private Suite Package
- Suite with 12 tickets in Coca-Cola Coliseum
- Coca-Cola Coliseum on Saturday December 4, 2021 @ 4:00 pm
- Toronto Marlies vs. Springfield Thunderbirds
- 4 complimentary parking passes
- Value is approximately $864.00
AST Shopping Spree Package
- $100 Kiddie Kobbler Markham Gift Certificate
- iTunes Gift Certificate
- Cineplex Gift Certificate
- $200 Markville Mall Gift Certificate
Fun & Play Package
- 2 STEM Puzzles
- 1 World Map Puzzle
- Lazer Maze Board Game
- Mastermind Gift CArd
- Selfie Stick Tripod
- 1 Basketball
- $100 Kiddie Kobbler Markham Gift Certificate
Fitness & Wellness Package – The Perfect Gift
- 5 Personal Training Sessions (Tandem or One on One) for Ironstone Fitness & Personal Training Inc. [16 years old and older] & Ironstone Fitness & Personal Training Inc. Water Bottle
- The Ten Spot Beauty Bar – – Manicure & Pedicure, Body Scrub & Body Lotion (Approximately $150 in value)
Daily Raffle Prizes
- 60 Total Prizes (20 Per Division) & 6 Daily Prizes (2 Per Division)
- Gift Cards (Crock a doodle, iTunes, Cineplex, Mastermind, Booster Juice, Ultimate Dining), Pop-Its, Electric Toothbrushes, Basketball, Cineplex & Popcorn, Magic Set, Jump Rope, Lego, Fidget Toys, Kite, Kidzlab Colouring Books, Bath Bombs, Created by Me figurine, Shopkins, Blinger, Puzzles, Robot Creation Kit Watch, Emoticon Bead Kit, and so much more.
- Get your donations in early so you can participate in more daily draws. Remember, you get a ticket in the daily draws for every $5 donated. More envelopes will be available throughout the campaign.
School Level Prizes
$1000 – Pajama Day ($4 per student)
$1500 – Extra Civvies Day ($6 per student)
$2000 – Principal & Vice Principal for the Day – 2 Students Selected to ‘Run the Show’ ($8 per student)
$2500 – No Homework Day ($10 per student)
$3000 – Extended Recess Day ($12 per student)
$4000 – Movie Day ($14 per student)
$5000 – Dye Mr. Nardo’s Hair – Student Vote on Colour (Priceless)
How to Participate
Canada Helps Option: The community is strongly encouraged to utilize the York Catholic District School Board’s on-line payment system for donations to the school at www.canadahelps.org. This is a safe and secure method to make an individual donation to the school through an on-line payment method and receive a tax receipt immediately. York Catholic District School Board Aurora is the charity name; select All Saints CES from the “Apply your donation to a specific fund set up by this charity” drop down list. To identify this donation for a particular student, and be eligible for the raffle prizes, indicate the student’s name in the “send a message for this charity” or the “in honour” section.
Cheques/Cash: Alternatively, we will continue to graciously accept one-time cash/cheque donations in the attached envelope with cheques made out to All Saints CES. Please note that Individual Cash or Cheque pledges of $25 or more are eligible for a tax receipt through the board; only these individual pledge cheques are to be made payable to YCDSB.
Thank you so much for your support and consideration.
Yours in Catholic Education,